Last Updated: Jul 22, 2022 Views: 4475
If academic dishonesty is suspected, instructors can choose from the following options:
- Use the situation as a teachable moment: if you choose to use it as a teachable moment, it is recommended that you contact the student and let him/her know that this is not acceptable behavior. You can grade the work accordingly, give the student a zero for the assignment, or in certain cases allow the student to resubmit the assignment.
- See the resources below to help determine the next steps. Depending on the severity of the plagiarism, an official citation with the university may be appropriate. If this is the case, please submit an IROAD (Incident Report of Academic Dishonesty Form) to IROAD@uagc.edu and notify the student. Ashford University forms will no longer be accepted.
- If you need assistance interpreting the originality report, email AcademicIntegrity@uagc.edu.
To complete the IROAD process, please follow these steps:
- Click on the link below to access the IROAD form and save it to your desktop.
- Follow the "Instructions for Faculty" printed at the top of the form.
- Be sure to issue the student zero points for the assignment(s) in question prior to submitting the form.
- Create a new email to the IROAD address on the form, and attach the completed form.
- When calculating the Final Grade for the student at the end of the course, this assignment will just count as a zero unless otherwise instructed by the Academic Integrity team reviewing the form.
If a member of the Academic Integrity team reaches out with a question or recommendation regarding your IROAD, please respond within 48 hours to avoid further delay of the review.
While you await a response from the Academic Integrity team, you are encouraged to continue working with the student. If you have any questions on how to breach the subject with your student, please reach out to your FSCC/FDCS (Faculty Support Individual). You can also email AcademicIntegrity@uagc.edu for general inquiries.
Link(s) to Document(s):
- IROAD (Incident Report of Academic Dishonesty) form
- Academic Integrity FAQ and Decision Tree
- Academic Integrity CETL Page - Recycling Policy
- Steps to Avoiding Plagiarism
- Faculty Announcements for Originality Matters
Link(s) to Video(s):
Link(s) Interactive Tutorials: